Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Ultimate Fruit Tart




  Have you tried the fruit tarts available in the bakery at Safeway? They are so yummy! I wanted to purchase one for a barbecue at our friends house, but when I saw the price, I decided I could make two of them for the price of one at Safeway.

First, I searched the Internet for a recipe that looked close to the ones at Safeway. I found what I was looking for from Betty Crocker. It's a recipe called Ultimate Fresh Fruit Tart.
I gathered the ingredients.



Refrigerator pie crusts, baker's chocolate, whipping cream, apricot jam, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
The crusts are baked and then cooled.

 You even get to see my not-too-clean oven.
Next, the baker's chocolate is melted and mixed with whipping cream.
The melted mixture is then spread into the bottom and up the sides of the crusts.



The chocolate coated crusts are then put into the refrigerator to cool.
The best part of these tarts is the custard filling that comes next. The custard is a typical egg yolk custard, made with corn starch and butter.



After 3 hours in the fridge, the custard is ready to be mixed with whipped cream and added to the chocolate coated crusts.
Then it is just a matter of putting the fruit on top of the custard and coating the whole thing with melted apricot jam.



An hour and a half in the refrigerator makes these ready to slice and enjoy. Soooo good!
Here is a link to the recipe: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/the-ultimate-fresh-fruit-tart/549f8418-8b2b-48b5-86ee-8ee21bf1e2c8

No comments:

Post a Comment