Friday, July 5, 2013

Evelyn Handbag

The Evelyn Handbag is sewn from a pattern designed by ChrisW Designs at http://www.chriswdesigns.com.
The fabric is from the Hobby Lobby clearance bin. This is the most structured bag I have made to this point. It has feet and a hard bottom insert.
The directions provided with this pattern were great. Very easy to follow, and the pictures helped immensely.
The back zipper pocket installation was especially well described and I will use those directions to install other zipper pockets on other bags.
The inside pockets are great for carrying all the little necessities of life that are carried in all women's purses.
 
 








The side pockets have elastic and are the perfect size for an iPhone or other smart phone.
Some ideas for variations using this basic pattern have been bouncing around in my head, but I have to make a couple of bags as gifts for some dear friends, so those ideas will have to wait. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this Deb! I hope you enjoy the new version! :) Let me know what you think once you've had a chance to make one! :)
    Christine
    ChrisW Designs

    ReplyDelete