Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pie, Crusts, and Coconut

I love refrigerator pie crust.
It allows a pitiful, fumbling pie maker, like myself, to actually create a pretty respectable pie.
Before using refrigerator pie crust, the crust for my pies was like a tough, chewy, sole on the feet of my pies.
Cream pies have been my latest attempts. I made a coconut cream pie for my father-in-law...

A vanilla cream pie to take to my friend's for game night...

...and a beautiful White Christmas Pie (from my great grandmother's 1950 Betty Crocker Cookbook), which, if you can believe it, I forgot to take a picture of!

However, my husband pointed out that if you've seen one picture of a cream pie, you've seen them all.
His belief is that pies are for eating, not photographing.
I apologize for exposing you to his rustic beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment