Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pillow Project

I have been slowly working my way through an online course called Sewing Studio. The course is on Craftsy and is taught by Diana Rupp. It is a sewing basics class. It covers sewing home decor, clothing, etc. I decided to take it to refine and hone my skills. It has been fun and interesting.
The first project in the course is a French seamed pillow. I decided to try my hand at making them. The fabric I used came from a second-hand store in my hometown. I wanted to add a bit of color to my very brown living room furniture.
Here is the finished project.
I am very pleased with the result. I think they look beautiful! 
By following the instructor's directions and tips the resulting pillows turned out very professional looking.
Pillows like this would cost at least $15 a piece in a store.
They give the living room exactly the right pop of color I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment