Saturday, January 14, 2012

Kindle Cover

My wonderful husband gave me a Kindle Fire for Christmas! I absolutely love it!
I wanted to get a cover to protect it from bumps and dust, but when I looked for one to buy, I was put off by the price.
$30 to $100 for a Kindle cover!?!?! I was not willing to pay that.
The solution was for me to do what I always do in these situations...I searched the Internet for a pattern and instructions.
I found some on www.chicaandjo.com. The instructions on their site are for older models of the Kindle, but conversion instructions for different sized devices are included.
I think my first attempt at this little project turned out pretty well.  As my daughter said, "Fancy."
Working on this project, and seeing the results, got me thinking about modifying the instructions I found and creating a different style of Kindle case.
I am mulling it over as I write this, so check back to see what I manage to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment