Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Cinnamon Rolls


Need I say more?
Alas, I cannot take credit for these beautiful, cinnamonny, sweet, food of the gods.
My beautiful, sweet, not so cinnamonny, daughter made them for our Christmas morning breakfast.
She made them using the cinnamon roll recipe from my absolute favorite cookbook.
The 1950 Betty Crocker Cookbook
More to come about this prize possession of mine in a later blog entry.
The dough was prepared and allowed to rise on Christmas Eve.
The next morning she got up bright and early to create the beautiful creation you see above.
The rolls were delicious and disappeared quickly. My father-in-law had four.
The most amazing thing is she baked these in an oven that is suffering from a temperature control problem. The oven temp had to be set on 410 degrees in order for them to bake correctly.
The oven will hopefully be repaired today.

No comments:

Post a Comment